About Invest for Better: Invest for Better (IFB) is nonprofit organization, founded in 2021, that seeks to empower women in the US and globally to understand the power of their investment assets, learn how to align their investments with their values, and activate them to make a more just and sustainable world. Our primary programs are:
- Invest for Better Circles – small groups of 8-20 women who participate in a 6-month structured learning and community building experience
- Leadership development – we recruit and train volunteer peer Circle Leaders to manage the transformative Circle experiences in leadership cohorts
- Membership in a trusted investing community – we provide ongoing education, access to experts, peer support and opportunities to participate in ongoing programs.
In 2 years, IFB has directly engaged over 750 women through nearly 70 Invest for Better Circles, as well as influenced thousands more. Our membership program launched in January 2022 and already includes 450 members. We aim to grow to 1,000 members by year end and 15,000 members in 5 years.
Summary of Position
Invest for Better is looking for its first Marketing and Outreach Manager. This half-time contract position will serve a critical role in our goals to scale the reach and impact of the IFB membership and Circle model, as well as to expand our network of movement partnerships. The Manager will be part of a leadership team that includes the Co-founders and the Program Manager, supported by a Marketing and Program Assistant. They will be responsible for developing and executing a marketing, social media and outreach strategy.
Job Title: Marketing & Outreach Manager
Time Commitment: Contract, 20 hours per week
Compensation: $35 per hour
Reports to: Co- Founders
Start Date: ASAP
- Develop and implement a marketing/outreach plan to increase Invest for Better’s ability to recruit and maintain Circle Leaders and members
- Identify potential partners, aligned networks, speaking opportunities, and media sources
- Ensure successful implementation and revisions to plan based on successes and learnings
- Identify content, write, and edit copy for IFB marketing materials, including emails and blog posts
- Manage design and production of marketing materials/messaging for key programs and campaigns
- Maintain and make regular updates to the IFB website, working with the website developer to update and ensure proper hosting, accounts, and services
- Ensure consistency of brand messaging internally and externally, updating and monitoring brand story regularly
- Work with the Program Manager to maintain and develop strategies to increase member engagement with our digital member platform
- Assess current social media channels, including YouTube, and develop a targeted social media approach and plan that will lead to the greatest levels of followers and engagement
- Strengthen power and reach of social media channels by shifting IFB to an approach that engages with and activates participation and followers
- Develop social media schedule, campaigns, and key themes; updating and revising as needed for continued engagement
- Identify segments within Activation Series, training, and other videos to strengthen social media engagement
- Oversee and manage administrative staff to execute social media plan, develop video snips, and verify content before publication
- On an ongoing basis, track social media channels to identify content that receives the most traction and adjust plan accordingly
Events and Programs
- Assist with content development as needed to ensure materials have a professional look and feel
- Work with co-founders to identify and engage Activation Series and Ask the Expert speakers
- Oversee administrative staff on general event preparation, including Eventbrite set-up, social media calendar, email updates, and other tasks
- Ensure successful delivery of virtual events
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a marketing, social media, and communications role
- Interest in and commitment to Invest for Better’s mission, vision, values, and beliefs
- Self-starter with attention to detail, ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Eye for design and ability to create visually compelling marketing and other engagement materials across multiple platforms
- Proven experience designing and developing marketing materials, email newsletters, web pages, and other communications formats
- Expertise and interest in leveraging social media and networking sites to build membership and engagement; experience with Hootsuite and YouTube preferred
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills with understanding of voice, nuance, and audience
- Strong user abilities in graphic design, video editing, and email marketing software/platforms, preferably Mail Chimp, Canva, and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Proficient in WordPress and knowledge of HTML preferred
- High level of proficiency using all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Prior management experience, or readiness to move into a management role
Invest for Better is committed to the diversity of its workforce and strongly encourages applicants from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, and physical abilities to apply. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, familial status, marital status, caregiver status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.