Ellen Remmer, co-founder of Invest for Better, was part of a panel discussion called “All in for Impact: How to use Philanthropy and Impact Investing for Change” at the “All In, All Rise Symposium” hosted by Women’s Philanthropy Institute on March 28, 2023.
This panel session explored the opportunity for women to magnify their impact on the social and environmental issues they care about through deploying the tools of philanthropy and investing. In a conversation moderated by Maggi Alexander, Senior Partner and Director of The Philanthropic Initiative (TPI)’s Center for Global Philanthropy, panelists shared their journeys to understand and utilize philanthropy and impact investing, including how they seek to integrate both for catalytic change in thematic areas such as gender equity, racial equity, and environmental sustainability.
- Maggi Alexander, Partner and Director, The Philanthropic Initiative’s Center for Global Philanthropy
- Ellen Remmer, Senior Partner, The Philanthropic Initiative
- Janell Johnson, Senior Philanthropic Advisor, Phila Engaged Giving
- Mary Hawkins, Philanthropist and Investor
Janell Johnson and Mary Hawkins are IFB members.
About the Symposium
“All In, All Rise” is the sixth symposium hosted by WPI since 2005. The two-day event included keynote speakers, breakout sessions, and opportunities for attendees to network.
Women’s Philanthropy Institute’s Symposium is the only gathering of its kind that:
- Focuses exclusively on the broad landscape of women and philanthropy
- Convenes speakers with wide-ranging backgrounds and experiences
- Fosters a community of big, bold thinkers, innovators, and doers who can and will accelerate social change
- Promotes networking and relationship building by limiting registration to 500 attendees
- Connects the dots between research and practice, leaving attendees with concrete lessons they can use in their work and their giving