The Circle Leaders below are welcoming members into their upcoming Circle.
Use the CONNECT button to send an email to them. They will reply with next steps.
Questions about finding a Circle? Contact Invest for Better Support here.
Relationship Manager, Financial Services
Ruth Easterling is a professional with 25 years experience developing deep, trusted relationships with ultra high net worth families and organizations by providing advice and guidance on best practices in wealth management. In this role she has provided educational sessions, consulted and facilitated peer group conversations. Currently, Ruth is a senior relationship manager with a financial institution and a licensed investment advisor. Through her experience with clients, Ruth has come to respect the energy of money in our lives: both the power and the fear that it can create. Through the Circle, Ruth is excited to explore this relationship and support each woman as participants learn to align investments to their values, develop relationships and discover or deepen their own empowered energy.
(Co- Leader) Founder, BRicK Partners, LLC
Karen Muchin, a Chicagoan and avid White Sox fan, is a housing and community development leader with 35+ years experience working in all sectors on topics that matter to her, mostly in the nexus between finance and policy. Karen has worked on international human rights matters on Capitol Hill, as a Low Income Housing Tax Credit (ILIHTC) investor at JPMorgan Chase, and as Policy Director at a leading CDFI called IFF.
For the past 10 years, Karen has had her own boutique consulting firm while also embarking on a personal values-based investing journey. To date this journey has encompassed drafting a personal, family-focused Statement of Beliefs; participating as a fellow and Senior Advisor at Impact Finance Center; becoming a member of Toniic and Invest for Better; and co-facilitating two Invest for Better Circles. This will be Karen’s third Circle and she’s excited to co-facilitate with Ruth!
- On Zoom once a month at a time to-be-determined with Circle Participants
- Looking for 8-10 committed women eager to learn and reflect in a small group – akin to a book group re. investing!
- Karen’s main passions are finding investments that benefit a community (place-based investing) or enhance equity (e.g. racial or gender). Ruth is in the early stages of her own impact journey, re-evaluating her investment strategies and aligning them to her values. She looks forward to bringing this synergy to the conversations and observations during Circles.
HOPES FOR OUR CIRCLE:
- to make new friends with similar interests in a supportive and safe space
- to create a virtual gathering place for personal and intellectual growth
- to debunk myths about the burgeoning value-based investing industry