Ahead of the upcoming ASBN 2023 conference in Berkeley, the American Sustainable Business Network and Hanson Bridgett are hosting a panel discussion with executives from Morgan Stanley, As You Sow, Nia Impact Capital and Invest for Better. The aim of the panel is to address the growing opposition to ESG and sustainable investment practices, explore the reasons for this and discuss strategies to combat the anti-ESG movement.
Darya Allen-Attar will moderate.
The panel consists of leading experts from diverse backgrounds, each bringing unique perspectives.
- Darya Allen-Attar, Financial Advisor, Investing with Impact Director, Lending Specialist, Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA), Morgan Stanley Wealth Management – Darya Allen-Attar is a highly accomplished Financial Advisor in the Santa Monica, California, office of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management. She has been with the firm for more than 30 years, placing her among the longest serving women at one of the world’s most respected financial institutions.
- Andrew Behar, CEO, As You Sow – Andrew Behar is CEO of As You Sow, the nation’s leading non-profit practitioner of shareholder advocacy and engagement.
- Janine Firpo, Co-Founder, Invest for Better – Janine Firpo is a seasoned values-aligned investor and social innovator, with a long history of working at the intersection of women and their money.
- Kristin Hull, Founder and CEO, Nia Impact Capital – Kristin is founder and CEO of Nia Impact Capital, a women-led Registered Investment Advisor leading the charge to change the face of finance by hiring and training women and people of color in sustainable and transformative investing.
- Register here for event.
- Please RSVP by Monday, June 26, 2023.
- Location: 425 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94105
American Sustainable Business Network (ASBN) is a movement builder in partnership with the business and investor community. ASBN develops and advocates solutions for policymakers, business leaders, and investors that support an equitable, regenerative, and just economy that benefits all—people and planet. As a multi-issue, membership organization advocating on behalf of every business sector, size, and geography, ASBN and its association members collectively represent over 250,000 businesses across our networks. ASBN was founded through the merger of the American Sustainable Business Council and Social Venture Circle. Learn more about the history of ASBC and SVC here.