This core curriculum is organized around 6 meetings based on Janine Firpo’s book, Activate Your Money: Invest to Grow Your Wealth and Build a Better World (Wiley, 2021).
Meetings will include required pre-work, including watching videos, reading book chapters, and completing worksheets that help members identify obstacles and opportunities.
Meeting #1: Values-aligned Investing: Step into Your Financial Power
- Participants get to know one another
- The group begins to develop a culture through agreed-upon ground rules
- A one-slide overview provides a simple introduction to values-aligned investing options
- Participants begin the journey by sharing their personal money stories
Meeting #2: Your Relationship with Money: Invest with Your Heart and Mind
- Participants use the Eight Financial Archetypes and the Risk Profile
- Questionnaire to help translate their personal money stories into a standard set of investor profiles Participants use the UN SDGs to help clarify the impacts they wish to have with their values-aligned portfolio