About Invest for Better
Invest for Better seeks to empower women in the US and globally to understand the power of their investment assets, learn how to align their investments with their social and environmental values, and activate those resources to make a more just and sustainable world for all. As a 501(c))3 organization, we work at the intersection of the movements to democratize values-aligned investing, address the structural inequities in the financial system, and bring greater investment competence and agency to women. Our primary programs are:
- Invest for Better Circles – small groups of 8-20 women who participate in structured learning and community building experiences
- Leadership development – we recruit and train volunteer peer Circle Leaders to effectively manage the transformative Circle experiences in leadership cohorts
- Membership in a trusted investing community – we provide the opportunity to participate in monthly speaker series, investment presentations, shared experiences, and partner benefits.
- Movement-building partnerships & collaborations – we co-create special programs, co-sponsor events, white label our content, and replicate our model with other organizations
Established in 2021, we are a small but mighty team who work remotely across the nation and the world. Thus far, we have directly engaged over 1000 women through over 100 Invest for Better Circles, as well as influenced thousands more. We aim to grow those numbers by a factor of 5-10 through partnerships. Our fundamental belief is that all women have the right to harness their financial assets to influence things they care about and, collectively, we can build a more equitable and sustainable financial system.
Summary of Position
Invest for Better (IFB) is looking for a talented and dedicated Partnerships and Business Development Manager to play a pivotal role in growing our reach and expanding the movement by establishing and nurturing strategic partnerships with external stakeholders, including professional networks and associations, complementary service and product providers, education platforms, corporations, national and community-based women’s organizations and other nonprofit organizations. The position requires a visionary leader and team player with exceptional written and oral communications skills, a strong network, and a passion for women’s empowerment.
Job Title: Partnerships and Business Development Manager
Time Commitment: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Compensation: $50,000 for 20 hours/week
Reports to: Co- Founders
Start Date: ASAP
As a key partner in the management team, you will provide strategic support and drive implementation in the following key areas:
- Membership growth: Identify and cultivate relationships with networks, organizations and other partners that will extend our reach and expand the movement. This includes new approaches and relationships to promote recruitment and visibility.
- White label and catalyzer relationships: Work with co-founders to identify, structure, and build relationships with organizations and individuals who white label or adapt the curricula to new audiences.
- Enhanced membership experience: Identify, cultivate, and structure relationships with partners that will enhance the membership experience. This could include new and/or discounted services, products, and reciprocal privileges.
- Events support: Work with program and membership teams to expand the reach of our in-person regional and online events. Identify and promote participation in partners’ events.
- Public relations: Work with team on messaging and media channels.
- Fundraising: Work with co-founders on developing and implementing strategies to secure financial support from corporations, foundations and individual donors.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a partnerships, business development, fundraising, and other development role
- Strong interest in and commitment to Invest for Better’s mission, vision, values, and beliefs
- Self-starter with attention to detail, ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience in growing an organization/program through innovative partnerships
- Exceptional written and oral communications and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively engage and influence a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong personal presence with ability to be one of the outward faces of IFB
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate trends and identify new partnership opportunities
- High level of proficiency using all Microsoft Office Suite and experience with CRM systems
- Strong leadership skills with a collaborative and inclusive approach
- Team player who is enlivened by building strategy, implementing results, and working with others
- Established personal network in the fields of women’s empowerment, financial literacy and/or investments preferred.
Invest for Better is committed to the diversity of its workforce and strongly encourages applicants from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, and physical abilities to apply. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, familial status, marital status, caregiver status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.